“Sponsorship today requires genuine engagement and a belief in the shared goals of the partnership.” – Marcy Heim
In 2022, companies will actively allocate some marketing budgets for sponsoring events. The above statement may seem like a no-brainer, but it is challenging for organizers to provide sponsors with opportunities that help them to interact with their target audience groups.
For instance, AWS re: Invent 2021 enabled sponsor engagement by featuring more than 250 custom and turnkey sponsor booths, 86 meeting rooms and 1000+ sponsor engagement opportunities through dedicated landing pages and content on their website.
Ensure that your sponsors are actively involved in attendee engagements for upcoming events!
How to Make Certain That Your Sponsors Know the Scope for Engagement?
First, you need to understand why sponsors agree to partner with events. For example, GES surveyed more than 400 event exhibitors to report that nearly 60% of sponsors exhibit only for the sole motive of increased brand awareness and the remaining 40% are just looking to generate more leads.
So organizers must focus on 'sponsor exclusivity' and outline the exact benefits like higher ROI through lead generation, one-on-one networking sessions and engagement through exclusive content formats. In addition, the new trend doing the rounds these days is tailored sponsor-attendee sessions! This helps the sponsor gauge how aligned a partnership can be.
Do you know how INBOUND 2021 secured top-notch sponsorships? HubSpot INBOUND created a special sponsor landing page highlighting their value propositions, like opting for a virtual booth or booking an in-person stall. Their digital sponsor prospectus even showed digital mock-ups of what a sponsor booth may look like!
Let's move ahead to map some innovative ways to create sponsor engagement at your virtual and in-person events.
Virtual Events: Some Stable Sponsor Engagement Session Ideas
The industry shifts to virtual and hybrid events have helped organizers get creative with sponsorship ideas! You can provide tailored sponsor-attendee engagement activities like:
One-on-one meeting sessions: Organizers can handpick interested audiences by filtering their requirements to pair them with like-minded sponsors.
Dedicated landing page and content: You can ask sponsors to send their brochures, video ads, presentations and even digital visiting cards to showcase on your sponsor landing page. Make sure it is readily available for download!
Partner theatre sessions: Digital meeting rooms can be set up by organizers that allow sponsors to tell brand and service stories through demonstrations or presentations for attendee engagement.
Customized turnkey digital sponsor booths: You can customize the décor and design of turnkey sponsor booths based on their brand colors and preferences for optimum brand recall and visibility.
Industry program pavilions: Sponsors can take the stage to deliver sessions or presentations about their brand and services in front of a live audience virtually. They can also offer additional industry knowledge and thought leadership advice!